The NAIRA welcomes you to TheNAIRA.com. We strongly recommend that you read this Terms of Service (TOS) carefully.
Acceptance of Terms
Please choose carefully the information you post on The NAIRA and that you provide to other members. Any photographs posted by you may not contain nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter. Information provided by other The NAIRA members (for instance, in their Profile) may contain inaccurate, inappropriate or offensive material, products or services and The NAIRA assumes no responsibility nor liability for this material.
Social Media Disclaimer:
TheNAIRA.com is solely a platform for citizens to express themselves. The NAIRA is not affiliated to any political party or organisation, local or international. Opinions, statements, comments, estimates and projections in the Scoreboard, Viewpoints, Discussion Board or anywhere else in TheNAIRA.com are solely those of the individual author(s). They do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The NAIRA or the owner(s)/ administrator(s).
The NAIRA has no obligation to update, modify or amend this message or other media, or to otherwise notify a recipient thereof, in the event that any matter stated herein, or any opinion, projection, forecast or event set forth herein, changes or subsequently becomes inaccurate. Any content, information and any materials provided in this message or other media is on an “as is” basis. The NAIRA makes no warranty, expressed or implied, as to its accuracy, completeness or timeliness, or as to the results to be obtained by recipients, and shall not in any way be liable to any recipient for any inaccuracies, errors or omissions herein.
Without limiting the foregoing, The NAIRA shall have no liability whatsoever to a recipient of any message or media, whether in contract, in tort (including negligence), under a warranty, under statute or otherwise, in respect of any loss or damage suffered by such recipient as a result of or in connection with any actions, opinions, recommendations, forecasts, judgments, or any other conclusions, or any course of action determined, by it or any third party, whether or not based on the content, information or materials contained herein.The inclusion of a link to an external website by The NAIRA should not be understood to be an endorsement of that website or the site’s owners (or their products/services).The NAIRA is not responsible for either the content, or output, of external websites.
1. Eligibility: Membership of The NAIRA is void where prohibited. By using TheNAIRA.com and the services, you represent and warrant that all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate and that you agree to maintain the accuracy of such information. You further represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older and that your use of the The NAIRA shall not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your profile may be deleted without warning, if it is found that you are misrepresenting your age. Your Membership is solely for your personal use, and you shall not authorize others to use your account, including your profile or email address. You are solely responsible for all content published or displayed through your account, including any email messages, and for your interactions with other members.
2. Interactions With Others: You are solely responsible for your interactions and communication with other Members. You understand that The NAIRA does not in any way screen its Members, nor does The NAIRA inquire into the backgrounds of its members or attempt to verify the statements of its members. The NAIRA makes no representations or warranties as to the conduct of members or their compatibility with any current or future members. We do however recommend that if you choose to meet or exchange personal information with any member of The NAIRA then you should take it upon yourself to do a background check on said person. In no event shall TheNAIRA be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the use of the Service, including without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress, and/or any other damages resulting from communications or meetings with other registered users of this Service or persons you meet through this Service.
3. Non Commercial Use by Members: TheNAIRA.com is for the personal use of guests and members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by the management of The NAIRA. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the website, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the Website will be investigated. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from member profiles without notice and may result in termination of membership privileges. Appropriate legal action will be taken by The NAIRA for any illegal or unauthorized use of TheNAIRA.com.
4. Proprietary Rights: The NAIRA owns and retains all proprietary rights in TheNAIRA.com and all its services. TheNAIRA.com contains copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information of The NAIRA and its licensors. Except for that information which is in the public domain or for which you have been given written permission, you may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any such proprietary information.
5) Content Posted on the Site:
(a) You understand and agree that The NAIRA may review and delete any content, messages, photos or profiles (collectively, “Content”) that in the sole judgment of The NAIRA staff violate this Agreement or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of any member.
(b) You are solely responsible for the content that you publish, display or post on the website, or any material or information that you transmit to other members.
( c) By posting any content to the public areas of the TheNAIRA.com, you hereby grant to The NAIRA the non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, publicly perform and display such content on the TheNAIRA.com. This license will terminate at the time you remove such content from the website.
(d) The following is a partial list of the kind of content that is illegal or prohibited on the website. The NAIRA reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Service and terminating the membership of such violators. A content is prohibited if it:
- is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”; promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18 years old;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users; or x. involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes.
6. Copyright Policy: You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the policy of The NAIRA to terminate membership privileges of any member who repeatedly infringes copyright upon prompt notification to The NAIRA by the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal agent. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information: an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website; your address, telephone number, and email address; a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. We can be reached via our Contact page.
7. Posting or submitting a story: If you submit any materials or participate in any online forum or any other forum or similar service within or in connection with The NAIRA, you agree to abide by the following rules of conduct:
- You agree not to post or transmit through The NAIRA any material that violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including any statements which may defame, abuse, harass, stalk or threaten others;
- You agree not to post or transmit through The NAIRA any material that is offensive to the online community, including blatant expressions of bigotry, racism, abusiveness, vulgarity or profanity;
- You agree not to post or transmit through The NAIRA any material that contains or advocates pornography, pedophilia, incest or bestiality;
- You agree not to post or transmit through The NAIRA any statements that advocate or provide instruction on illegal activity or discuss illegal activities with the intent to commit them;
- You agree not to post or transmit through The NAIRA any material that infringes and/or violates any right of a third party or any law, engage in activity that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to a civil liability;
- You agree not to post or transmit through The NAIRA any vulgar or obscene language or images;
- You agree not to post or transmit through The NAIRA, without THE NAIRA’s express prior approval, material which contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services;
- You agree not to post or transmit through The NAIRA, any software or other materials which contain a virus or other harmful or disruptive component;
- You agree not to post or transmit through The NAIRA material or statements that do not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of any chat room or bulletin board;
- You agree not to upload, post, or otherwise make available on Web pages any material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of such copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right. Any person determined by The NAIRA, in its sole discretion, to have repeatedly violated the intellectual property or other rights of others shall be barred from submitting or posting any further material on TheNAIRA.com’s Web pages;
- You agree not to impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, any The NAIRA employee, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- You agree not to interfere with any other user’s right to privacy, including by harvesting or collecting personally-identifiable information about TheNAIRA.com users.
- You agree not to interfere with or disrupt the The NAIRA Web pages or servers or networks connected to the Web pages, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Web pages.
- You agree not to upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of The NAIRA’s Web pages, use of the Web pages, or access to the Web pages.
- You agree that if necessary, you have the consent of each and every identifiable natural person in any submission to use such persons name or likeness in the manner contemplated by The NAIRA; and
- You agree that no person who appears in your submission, who is a current member of the Screen Actors Guild (SAG), the American Federation of Television and Radio Actors (AFTRA) or any other rights society, is entitled to compensation from The NAIRA.
- You agree not to use any service, technology or automated system to artificially inflate the page views that your story receives. This includes pay-per-click services, web “robots” and any other current or future technologies. You also agree not to direct any third party to use these services, technologies or automated systems on your behalf.
- You agree not to use any technology, service or automated system to post more stories than an individual could upload in a given period of time. You also agree not to direct any third party to use these services, technologies or automated systems on your behalf.
Any conduct that in The NAIRA’s sole discretion restricts or inhibits anyone else from using or enjoying The NAIRA will not be permitted. The NAIRA reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove or edit messages or material submitted by you and to terminate your account for any reason. The NAIRA is not responsible for material submitted to The NAIRA.com or posted in chat Viewpoint, Discussion board or on other forums by users of TheNAIRA.com.
The decision by The NAIRA to monitor and/or modify the content of TheNAIRA.com does not constitute nor shall it be deemed to constitute any responsibility or liability in any manner on the part of The NAIRA in connection with or arising from use by you of TheNAIRA.com or participation in any online forums or interactive features of The NAIRA.
9. Third-Party Links, Sponsors and Frames: The NAIRA may provide links to other sites or resources, but because The NAIRA has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that:
(a) The NAIRA is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that The NAIRA shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource. You should direct any concerns regarding any external resource to the proprietor(s) of that site.
(b) TheNAIRA.com may also contain commercial images and/or links to sponsors of The NAIRA. The NAIRA is not responsible or liable for the content of those images and/or links.
(c) No third party may use framing technologies or functionalities to contain any content provided by The NAIRA, for purposes either commercial or non-commercial, without express prior and written consent from The NAIRA.
(d) No third party may provide links to any content within The NAIRA without the express prior written consent from TheNAIRA.
10. Member Disputes: You are solely responsible for your interactions with other The NAIRA members. The NAIRA reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other members.
11. Other Disclaimers: The NAIRA is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate content posted on the TheNAIRA.com or in connection with the Service provided, whether caused by users of the The NAIRA.com, members or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the website. The NAIRA is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the TheNAIRA.com.
The NAIRA assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any user or Member communication.
TheNAIRA is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any TheNAIRA.com page or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to users and/or members or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with TheNAIRA.com and/or in connection with the Service. Under no circumstances shall The NAIRA be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of the Website or the Service or from any Content posted on TheNAIRA.com or transmitted to members, or any interactions between users of the Website, whether online or offline. The Website is provided “AS-IS” and The NAIRA expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
The NAIRA cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of TheNAIRA.com and/or the Service. By providing links to other sites, The NAIRA does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to TheNAIRA.com.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE NAIRA BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE OR THE SERVICE, EVEN IF THE NAIRA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, THENAIRA’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO THENAIRA FOR THE SERVICE DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
Choice of Law and Dispute Forum
If there is any dispute about or involving TheNAIRA.com, by using the website, you agree that any dispute shall be governed by the laws of the area in which we are based without regard to conflict of law provisions and you agree to personal jurisdiction by and venue in the area in which we are based.
You agree to indemnify and hold The NAIRA, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the website in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above.
Waiver and Severability of Terms
The failure of The NAIRA to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOS shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TOS is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TOS remain in full force and effect.
Statute of Limitations
You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the TheNAIRA.com or the TOS must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
This Agreement is accepted upon your use of TheNAIRA.com and is further affirmed by you becoming a member of the Service. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and The NAIRA regarding the use of TheNAIRA.com and/or the service. The failure of The NAIRA to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. 17) Violations. Please contact us with any questions regarding this Agreement. BY CONTINUING, YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED ABOVE.